6.11.2012

Thief of Joy

She is skinnier.

Her hair is prettier.

She has more followers.

They make more money.

They're buying a house already.

Their car is nicer.

She is pregnant and they weren't even trying.

Comparison is the thief of joy.
- Theodore Roosevelt

I hate this part of myself. I hate that I ever even have these thoughts. Why am I not satisfied with who I am and what we have? Because who I am is daughter of the King of Kings and co-heir with Jesus Christ, and that is good enough. It's enough. And what we have is grace and salvation, which is all we could ever hope for.

I am reminding myself that this is not my home. Beauty, fame, possessions... it all passes away. I should be more concerned with how and if I look like Jesus and how and if I'm professing, claiming and sharing God's glory.

I am reclaiming joy. Joy which is found in salvation.

I am remembering who I really am.





4 comments:

  1. Way to battle those unfruitful thoughts, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just pre-ordered this book last week - http://www.amazon.com/Enough-Finding-More-Living-Less/dp/0800720024/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2PHY00TRH9UCY&colid=1CDFO65ZLCDP0

    Comes out July 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Such a beautiful post. I completely agree!

    ReplyDelete