12.12.2012

The best cold weather meal I've ever made. Ever.

My idea of cooking is popping a frozen pizza into the oven. Sorry I'm not sorry. But occasionally I act like a good wife and make a real dinner. And last night, dinner was goooooood.

Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you Chicken Pot Pie Stew served over Buttermilk Biscuits.

2 large boneless/skinless chicken breasts (still frozen)
2 cans cream of chicken
1 can cream of celery
3 red potatoes
8 oz bag of baby carrots
3 celery stalks
16 oz bag frozen mixed veggies (corn, peas, green beans)
3 packets powdered chicken bouillon
garlic power
salt & pepper
water
8 buttermilk bicuits (I used canned biscuits)

I cut up the veggies the night before - the potatoes into bite sized pieces, the baby carrots in half and chopped the celery.

Throw everything into the crock pot except for the frozen mixed veggies. I added 1-2 cans of water to be sure there was enough liquid. You could use chicken broth instead which would probably be better, but I didn't have any. Garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste. I left the crockpot on low for about 8 hours. An hour before you're ready to eat, shred the chicken and add the frozen veggies.

Pop the biscuits in the oven and serve the stew on top! So good and leftovers for days.

You're welcome :)





No comments:

Post a Comment