3.06.2012

Run for Hope

I can't believe I'm saying this, and if you know me, you won't believe it either.

I am running a 5k.

ME. RUNNING (????)

Y'all. I haven't even thought about running in over a year. I. hate. running. My friend Ashley referred to me running as "gangly" and "lanky" and I wasn't even offended because I know it's true.

My friend Amy and I are participating in the Run for Hope on April 7 benefitting Love Fosters Hope, a program of WE:ACT. Originally, I didn't want to do it. Remember, I hate running. But after reading the purpose behind Love Fosters Hope I knew I had to do it.

Love Fosters Hope is a project of WE:ACT that brings hope, healing and a bright future to children and teens in foster care who have been abused, abandoned, and/or neglected.

The Lord has recently been drawing my heart to foster care and adoption. Austin and I are prayerfully working through how it looks in our family's life to "defend the cause of the fatherless" and "to look after orphans".

"Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed." Psalm 82:3

"Do not deprive the foreigner or the fatherless of justice..." Deuteronomy 24:17

"For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome... He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you... And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners..." Deuteronomy 10:17-19

"Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless..." Isaiah 1:17

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress..." James 1:27

All of this to say, the cause of Love Fosters Hope is a noble one. I will run - even when I hate it - to support them.

If you would like to support me and make a donation on behalf of Love Fosters Hope and the children in Foster Care you can visit my page below.

100% of proceeds go to TRAC at Camp Hope - a summer camp for foster teens ages 12-15, TRAClife - a year round mentoring program for foster teens, The Bridge at Camp Hope - a future camp for foster teens ages 16-19 and Restore Hope - a retreat to strengthen families whose children are being reunited after being in foster care.

My RUN FOR HOPE Page


No comments:

Post a Comment