3.05.2012

Will The Real Alyssa Adams Please Stand Up.

About me.

I am daughter - to Dal and Jennifer. I am their first, born on July 28, 1988 in San Antonio, TX. We moved to Arlington when I was 3 where I lived until college and where my family still lives now. I am blessed with the most incredible parents. They met at A&M in 1984, were married in 1986 and are still happily married and ever in love with each other today. They have been an irreplaceable example of marriage in which God is glorified, for which I am eternally grateful.


My mom is one of my very best friends.


My daddy is the first man I ever loved. I have so much respect for him as a husband, father and leader.


I am sister - the oldest of 3. Big sister to Alexandra and Blake. My sister and I are so totally different. I love it. She is beautiful, so confident, and the smartest girl I have ever known. And she loves Jesus with all of her being.


My brother is 9 years younger than I am. I have always treated him more like my baby than like my sibling. But I should probably stop since he's about to be 15 and he's going to start driving soon. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? WHAT IS HAPPENING. He really blows my mind - he is so mature. Wise beyond his years. I sound like a grandma. His understanding of salvation and what it means to follow Jesus is amazing. He teaches me so much.


I graduated from Arlington High School in 2005 (one year early) when I was 16 years old.

I went to Texas A&M in College Station, otherwise known as God's Country. I graduated in 2009 with a Marketing degree.

I am wife - to Austin Adams. We met my first semester at A&M. He is 3.5 years older than I am. Our dating relationship was rocky but God's grace tells our story. We were married October 23, 2010. Austin is the most important person in my life. He challenges me every day. He prays with me and for me and for our family. He seeks first the Kingdom of God. He is silly. He is fun. He absolutely never takes anything too serious. He could talk to a tree and carry on an entire conversation. He may very well be my complete opposite but somehow it works. Praise God for him.


I am daughter/sister-in-law - daughter-in-law to John and Lucretia (yes, she's white) and sister-in-law to Lynsey (and Chad) and Abigail (and Max). I could never have imagined a more amazing family to marry into. blessed. blessed. blessed.


Lynsey and Abbey are two of my best friends. We're like real sisters.


I am Aunt Syssa - to THE cutest little girls alive. Hadley and Harper. My nieces are seriously cuter than yours.



I am mom - to Lady(Buggs), the English Bulldog. She's crazy, as in psycho, but I love her.


I am friend - to many, but none are as lucky to have me as I am to have them.

Most importantly, I am Jesus-follower - I am learning more every day what it looks like to look like Jesus. I am realizing increasingly that nothing is more important than His Glory. Seeking His Glory. Recognizing His Glory. Showing His Glory.

And these are few of my favorite things...

Food - PIZZA. My favorite pizza place is Crust in The Woodlands. It's amazing. I always order the Natural (wheat thin crust, cheese, garlic, tomatoes, spinach, more cheese).

Restaurant - This may be confusing, as it's not Crust or a pizza place at all. My favorite restaurant is Mi Cocina. Mi Cocina was my favorite when I lived in Dallas and last fall they opened one in The Woodlands. It was possibly the best day ever. I order the same thing every time - beef fajitas, sunset style. Ahh yeah. The fajita beef comes in sunset sauce which is basically spicy queso and with crispy onion strings on top. Amazing.

Snack - Blazin' Buffalo Doritos. Yum. The other day I sat down on the couch with an unopened bag of these and a Diet Dr. Pepper (favorite soda, btw) and Austin asked if that's what I was having for lunch. Yep. He offered to make me a sandwich. Nope. My Doritos are all I need. I ate half the bag. Oh, and I can't leave out puppy chow. In college my roommate and I would make a giant batch of puppy chow and eat it as our meals until the batch was gone. I see a really (unhealthy) trend going on here...

Candy - SOUR PATCH KIDS. 'nuff said.

Condiment - buffalo sauce. on e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. especially pizza!

TV Show - It's impossible to narrow it down to one. Vampire Diaries. Ohh Damon Salvatore. I love you. Grey's Anatomy. Private Practice. Big Bang Theory - I have never laughed so hard. Bazinga.

Movie - My favorite movie of all time may or may not be Titanic. Don't judge me. I know you're judging me. I can't WAIT for the 3D version. And Sweet Home Alabama. I love Reese Witherspoon.

Song - Our wedding song... I Have and I Always Will by Dave Barnes. It brings me to tears. I don't care if that's cheesy.

Store - Anthropologie. But, let's get real - the only time I can afford anything in that store is when they have 50% off sale items. womp womp. So, I shop at the Gap. And Francesca's. And forever21. And Target.

Makeup - MAC. I'm obsessed with their bright lipsticks lately.

Book/Chapter of the Bible - Romans 8. So much wisdom and truth.

Vacation Spot - Ouray, CO. We went to Ouray as a family with the McKee family for the first time the summer I turned 6. The last time we were there was the summer I turned 18. I can't wait to go back and take Austin with me. It's such a small, lovely town in the mountains. I love it there. It reminds me of my childhood.

Book/Series - The Hunger Games. holycrapsogoodamazing. I started the first book last Monday. I finished it Wednesday. Yesterday, I was 90 pages into the second book and I finished it before I went to bed. I can't wait to start the third book. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think it's even better than Harry Potter. And if you know me at all, you know that's saying A LOT.

Other Books - Radical: Taking Back Your Faith From the American Dream by David Platt. Read this. It will change your life. I also suggest Francine Rivers' series The Mark of the Lion. So good.


That's all I got. Anything else you want to know??





4 comments:

  1. What a great post! Loved getting to know you. I think we would be good friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you through Laura's link up!!!
    Following along :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! I love all of these facts about you compiled into one post. I found you through the Bits of Splendor link-up & I'm following you now! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone :) I'm looking forward to getting to know each other!!

    ReplyDelete