6.18.2012

For My Daddy

I was a handful growing up. My husband would probably tell you I still am. My daddy warned him. I am stubborn, hard-headed and I don't respond well to authority. It led to many arguments with my dad. Whether he wants to admit it or not, I get those qualities from him. Describing someone as stubborn typically results in a negative connotation. But in my daddy, I see the other side of the coin.

Google defines stubborn as this: having or showing dogged determination not to change one's attitude or position on something.

My daddy loves Jesus. Unshakably. Undoubtedly. Relentlessly. Stubbornly. His life, even his professional work, is committed to loving the Lord and bringing God's glory to the world.

He is wise because he pursues biblical wisdom. He is strong because his strength comes from God. He is leader because he is led by the Lord.

I remember one Father's Day at church, the pastor shared these verses, Psalm 1:1-3:

Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither - whatever they do prospers.

I will always remember my daddy when I read that passage. His roots are planted in the Word and his identity is found in his relationship with Jesus. He is a stubborn follower of Christ and his faith does not wither.

Daddy, I am forever grateful for the man you are. I am thankful you love my momma with a love that is eternal. I am thankful you love, provide for and protect me, Alexandra and Blake in a way only a father could. I am thankful you set the bar high when I set out to find a husband. I am thankful you love Austin as your own and desire to pour wisdom into his life and ours as a couple. We are so blessed. I love you Daddy! Happy Father's Day... yesterday.




1 comment:

  1. oh my, that last shot just melts my heart! absolutely adore!!!
    happy father's day!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete