7.09.2012

26 Hours

We're on vacation in Florida with my family. LadyBuggs, our dogter, is staying with a friend at our house in Houston. That is until she ran away Saturday. 

This dog-mom was a sad, worried, crying mess, thinking the worst.

Here I am in Florida, hours and hours away from Houston, Texas and my baby was missing. Yes, I just called my dog my baby. Because that's what she is to me. I have never felt so helpless.

Our friends and family went into rescue mode. They searched our neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods day and night. They made signs. They went door to door questioning the neighbors.


They called shelters. And so did I. I called every shelter and vet in the tri-state area.

Even Hadley and Harper helped.


I was losing hope quickly. I was thinking we were never going to find her. I was already imagining how much I would miss her. I was so sad knowing how scared she gets and not knowing what had happened to her.

Until he called today.

A man saw the signs my friends and family so diligently put up and realized he had my baby. He found her down a busy street outside of our subdivision. He stopped because he thought she had just been hit by the car in front of him. He took her home. She spent the night with him last night. He even let her sleep in bed with him!

A friend messaged me today with the following quote:
"When you feel sad, remember something wonderful the Lord has done for you in the past and realize that He can do it again!"
-Joyce Meyer-

When my husband and I both lost our jobs two and a half months ago, God provided me with a new job within a week. HE IS FAITHFUL. He was faithful again today.

26 Hours. 
That's how long she was gone.

Tonight, I am praising Him for answered prayers.

Tonight, I am thankful for my sweet sister-in-law, Lynsey who fought hard to find my LadyBuggs. 

Tonight, Lady is home and she is safe.

Thank you to everyone who prayed for us, for Lady, who shared her info on facebook, and for our friends and family, Chad, Amy, Shane, Eric, Zach, Brian, Janet, Diane and everyone else, who searched high and low for her. We are so thankful!

And to LadyBuggs, you better not do this ever again. This dog-mama's heart can't handle it.

If this face doesn't scream "I've been crying for the last 24 hours" I'm not sure what does.
Her Aunt Lynsey loves her, can't you tell? <3



Helping Aunt Lynsey put Hadley to bed :)
Happy girls :)
She had a rough weekend.
Cousin love <3
Happy. Relieved. Thankful. Blessed.



2 comments:

  1. SO so thankful she's home, Alyssa. I can't even imagine how scary/sad that would be. Enjoy the rest of your vacation, and we will be looking forward to seeing you AND Ladybuggs this weekend! YAY! :-)


    On a side note, I think my son has a crush on your nieces. He just made me replay that video of them 20 times. Literally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad she was found!!!! I cannot imagine losing my baby!! So thankful that you can rest easy knowing she is safe!

    ReplyDelete